The mission of St. Joseph School, of St. Joseph Parish is to help our youth grow in faith, cherish family, excel in academics and follow Christ in service to others within the framework of our Catholic faith.
Christ came to spread the Word of God to everyone. The Church was founded to continue the work of salvation and to carryout the message of the Gospel. St. Joseph School provides the framework of a faith community wherein developing and maturing Christian children can learn about and live out the Gospel message. The school serves the Church and society as a witness to the presence of Jesus in the world, particularly in the educational world.
Quick Notes About Our School:
- A very high percentage of our students are on the A and B honor roll and achieve high academic honors at our local high school upon graduation from our school.
- Our students score well above national and local averages on NWEA's MAPs Testing (Measurement of Academic Progress testing).
- We employ 18 staff: one principal, 13 teachers and 5 support staff (secretary, custodial and food service).
- All of our core curricular teachers maintain active teaching licenses.
- We are part of the Diocese of Superior with 14 other Catholic schools in northern Wisconsin.
- Students do not need to be Catholic to attend our school. All we require is a desire for students and their families to develop a closer relationship with God. About 70% of our students are of a Catholic upbringing, with 30% of other faith backgrounds.